Date limite de soumission: 26 janvier 2017.
Proposals are invited for Queer Research Day (QRD), a bi-campus initiative between the University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University. QRD is a one-day conference designed to showcase LGBTQ+ research being conducted by faculty and students (graduate and undergraduate) from all disciplines.
Presentations might take the form of a paper, poster, or other artistic and creative production.
We invite abstracts of no more than 250 words for presentations (critical or creative) on queer research, including, but not limited to:
- spaces, subjectivities, and agencies
- theory (past, present, and futures)
- intersections (with feminism, indigenous
knowledge systems, disability studies, legal theory, etc)
- readings and methodologies
- gender, sexuality, and health
- film, media, and technologies
- pedagogy or models of growth, development,
- times (i.e. Lee Edelman's No Future)
- aesthetics (i.e. Halberstam's "queer
art of failure")
- sciences, disciplines, or organizations
- politics, ethics, and activism
- empirical findings
Please indicate your desired format (15-minute paper, poster, creative) on your submitted proposal.
Submissions must be sent to email@example.com by the end of day, January 26th, 2017.